by Sandy Kirby Quandt
This tasty gluten-free Johnny Cakes recipes is not only super simple to make, it’s fast, too.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup milk
- Bacon grease or butter
- Maple Syrup
- Place cornmeal in a mixing bowl or liquid measuring cup with a spout for pouring.
- Stir salt into cornmeal.
- Add boiling water and mix.
- Add 1/2 cup milk and mix just until blended.
- Heat bacon grease or butter in a skillet or iron frying pan on medium heat.
- Pour batter into skillet.
- Let cook until brown around the edges.
- Loosen the cake with a spatula and flip.
- Cook the other side until brown.
- Serve warm with butter and maple syrup.
I wish you well,
Please sign up to receive posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. Thanks.