Looking for an easy, tasty Gluten-free Tuna Noodle Casserole recipe? When you make this, you will need to have gluten-free noodles. I use Schar’s. You will also need to make sure the mushroom soup you use, does not contain wheat. I use Pacific boxed soups.
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free egg noodles, macaroni, fusilli, or penne pasta (I use Schar’s egg noodles, fusilli, or penne pasta.)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 box gluten-free cream of mushroom soup (Check your label. Be sure it does not contain wheat. I use Pacific brand soups.)
- 1 cup milk (You can use whole, reduced fat, or skim, but I’ve found whole makes the casserole less runny.)
- 1Tablespoon lemon juice
- black pepper to taste
- 10 oz frozen peas
- 6 oz tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup potato chips, crushed
- Vegetable oil for boiling water
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add vegetable oil (1-2 Tablespoons) to water, to keep the noodles from sticking together. Stir in the noodles. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook noodles until al dente. About 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until soft. 2-3 minutes. Whisk in the mushroom soup, milk, and lemon juice. Season with pepper. Stir until the sauce is smooth, thickened slightly, and bubbling. 4 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
- Drain noodles well in a colander. Fold noodles, frozen peas, and tuna into the mushroom sauce. Transfer tuna mixture to a 1 1/2 or 2 quart casserole. Scatter the crushed potato chips evenly over the top.
- Bake until casserole bubbles throughout and the potato chips turn golden brown. 20-25 minutes.
I wish you well.
Please subscribe to receive posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. Thanks!