Here is another tasty gluten-free shrimp dish. This is super simple, and quick to make.
This recipe takes about 15 minutes to prepare, and feeds 4.
- 3/4 C instant grits
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 C grated Parmesan, or Romano cheese (Use more, if you’d like.)
- 3 T butter
- 1 1/4 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (I use already cooked, frozen, so much simpler, but do whatever works best for you.)
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced (Again, I take the easy way. I use already minced, in the jar. Pilot minces his own. Either way works.)
- Sprinkle of Old Bay Seasoning
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (ReaLemon is fine.)
Follow the package directions for making your instant grits. Once the grits have thickened, stir in the grated cheese and 1 tablespoon butter. Remove from heat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover to keep warm.
Meanwhile, prepare your shrimp. Defrost shrimp under running cold water, if using frozen.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, garlic and Old Bay. Cook, tossing until shrimp are pink. 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat. Add 2 tablespoons water with the lemon juice. Pour over shrimp. Stir to coat. Place shrimp with sauce, on top of the grits.
Let me know how you like the recipe.
I wish you well.
Please subscribe to receive posts every Tuesday and Thursday, by either going to the top of my home page, or scrolling below. Thanks!