by Sandy Kirby Quandt
Pilot found this delicious gluten-free sausage-stuffed green peppers recipe at Campbell’s Kitchen.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound sweet Italian pork sausage, casing removed
1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
1 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese (about 4 ounces)
4 medium green peppers, cut in half lengthwise and seeded
2 cups Tomato, Basil & Garlic Spaghetti Sauce
Pilot used red peppers instead of green. To save time he cooked the sausage mixture the night before. We had rice to go along with the peppers. I mixed my rice and peppers all together. Pilot ate his separately.
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook until well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Pour off any fat.
- Stir the onion and oregano in the skillet and cook until the onion is tender. Stir in the cheese.
- Arrange the pepper halves, cut-side up, in a 3-quart shallow baking dish. Pilot found an 81/2 X 11 casserole worked best. Spoon the sausage mixture into the pepper halves. Pour the sauce over the filled pepper halves. Cover the baking dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the peppers are tender.
If you think others would appreciate reading this, please share it through the social media buttons.
I wish you well.
Please enter your email address on the form located on the right sidebar to sign up to receive posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. Thanks!
One of my posts will appear on Inspire a Fire January 5, 2016. Please stop by.