by Sandy Kirby Quandt
Pilot made this delicious gluten-free King Ranch Chicken Mac and Cheese dish and I had to share the recipe with you. One thing we noticed is this dish was a little on the salty side for our taste. Possibly it was the cheese product, or the soup. Not sure, but if you are on a restricted salt diet, something to take note of.
- 8 oz gluten-free noodles (I used Schaar)
- vegetable oil to add to water for noodles
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 10 oz can diced tomatoes and green chilies (I used Rotel)
- 8 oz package pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed (I used Velveeta)
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken ( store-bought pre-cooked works fine)
- 10 3/4 oz gluten-free cream of chicken soup (I use Pacific)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 6 oz shredded Cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Prepare pasta according to package directions. Add several tablespoons of vegetable oil to water to keep pasta from sticking together.
Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper. Saute 5 minutes or until tender.
Stir in tomatoes and prepared cheese product. Cook. Stirring constantly. 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
Stir in chicken, next 4 ingredients, and hot cooked pasta until blended.
Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 10-inch cast-iron skillet, or 11X7-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with shredded Cheddar cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
If you think others would appreciate reading this, please share it through the social media buttons.
I wish you well.
Please sign up to receive posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. Thanks!